Intellectual property and file sharing
Professional help with warnings
You have received a warning letter for copyright or trademark infringements and are now looking for help? You are not alone: Every year thousands of warnings (Abmahnungen) are sent by warning lawyers and associations and are part of their agenda. However, only a few are successful. Our lawyer Jason Komninos has specialized in fending off claims for damages by warning letters and protecting our clients from high costs.
If you have received a warning letter for alleged file sharing etc. take the warning seriously.
What to do if you have received a warning?
It is important to react immediately after receiving a warning, even if the alleged violation is not at all present. Otherwise, further legal consequences such as preliminary injunctions and court proceedings, which entail additional costs, may arise.
- do not sign the warning without examination.
- do not contact the opposite party or firm – you risk admitting the infringement.
- do not sign the enclosed cease-and-desist declaration without checking it – it is often formulated too broadly and contains an admission of guilt.
- do not simply pay the required sum as it is often set too high.
- You should not ignore the warning – contact a specialist lawyer within the time limit specified in the warning.
Our expertise is your benefit
Our german law firm is here to help. We are specialised in IP and copyright law and we successfully defended a large number of clients in copyright proceedings.
For any queries on copyright law or other IP law issues, you may contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org