Our Lawyer Jason Komninos is here to keep you safe from warnings!
Intellectual property and file sharing
Professional help with warnings
You have received a warning letter for copyright or trademark infringements and are now looking for help? You are not alone: Every year thousands of warnings (Abmahnungen) are sent by warning lawyers and associations and are part of their agenda. However, only a few are successful. Our lawyer Jason Komninos has specialized in fending off claims for damages by warning letters and protecting our clients from high costs.
If you have received a warning letter for alleged file sharing etc. take the warning seriously.
What to do if you have received a warning?
It is important to react immediately after receiving a warning, even if the alleged violation is not at all present. Otherwise, further legal consequences such as preliminary injunctions and court proceedings, which entail additional costs, may arise.
- do not sign the warning without examination
- do not contact the opposite party or firm – you risk admitting the infringement
- do not sign the enclosed cease-and-desist declaration without checking it. It is often formulated too broadly and contains an admission of guilt
- do not simply pay the required sum as it is often set too high
- You should not ignore the warning – contact a specialist lawyer within the time limit specified in the warning